Felixstowe/Ipswich: Britain’s Got Talent goes on the search for a winner at Felixstowe Academy and Ipswich Gymnastics Centre
- Credit: Archant
TV crews from the country’s most popular talent show have been in Suffolk scouring the county for fresh and raw talent.
Britain’s Got Talent is already looking for hopefuls for its 2015 shows – and Thames TV is holding pre-audition filming at various venues to try to spot people who might not make it to the main big city auditions.
A crew visited Felixstowe Academy and Ipswich Gymnastics Centre to see young performers display their talents.
At the academy in Walton High Street, Felixstowe, students were invited to audition for the cameras in the new £19million school’s 440-seater theatre-style main hall.
Chris Ozanne, communications and events manager for the academy, said: “It’s very exciting having the BGT team come to the academy.
You may also want to watch:
“We encouraged as many students as we could to come forward and perform – it’s a huge show and having our own talent in the thick of it is great and a wonderful opportunity for them.”
Full auditions start in Newcastle on October 11 and this month will also take place in Cardiff, Portsmouth and Birmingham.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast