Felixstowe/Ipswich: Guide dog puppy fund over halfway to target
AN appeal to raise enough money for a sixth Ipswich Star guide dog is today more than half-way towards its target.
The appeal is aiming to raise �5,000 and now has more than �3,300 after three months – boosted at the weekend by �1,454 raised at a craft fayre staged at Felixstowe Leisure Centre.
Puppy walker Penny Parker, of the East and Mid Suffolk Guide Dogs fundraising group, said: “It was a super sum to raise and we are all really pleased.
“It was �500 down on last year, but we took �200 more in donations on the door, and we are in a recession at the moment.
“Stallholders’ takings were down but they were still pleased with their sales.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a great day and it was very well supported, and I just want to thank all the stallholders and everyone who came along.”
This autumn a new guide dog puppy will arrive to follow in the footsteps of previous dogs Star, Faith, and Sterling, and current pup Robson, who will then move on to the next stage of his training.
- 1 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
The money has already been raised for the next pup, the fifth Ipswich Star pup, thanks to generous Star readers and a variety of businesses, community organisations and fundraising events.
? To donate to the Ipswich Star Guide Dog Appeal, send your cheques – made payable to Guide Dogs – to Richard Cornwell, Felixstowe editor, Felixstowe Star, 172 Hamilton Road, Felixstowe, Suffolk, IP11 7DU.