Felixstowe/Ipswich: New pup could be a real Diamond!
A SHORT-list of names for a new Ipswich Star guide dog puppy has been submitted to charity chiefs.
The list was drawn up thanks to a huge range of suggestions from readers keen to help choose the new name for the pup to follow Star, Faith, Sterling and Robson.
Puppy walker Penny Parker said narrowing down the suggestions had been a tough job.
“The overwhelming theme was royal, which we expected in this special Diamond Jubilee year, but there were some nice unusual names, too,” she said.
“We have selected Atlas if the puppy is a boy and Diamond if we have a girl. We would like to thank everyone who sent in a name and everyone who continues to support our work for the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Officials at Guide Dogs have the final say and reserve names on the short-list are Orwell, Wolsey and Windsor for a boy, and Theia (a Titan goddess of sight), Jubilee and Lizzie for a girl.
Mrs Parker, of the East and Mid Suffolk fundraising group for Guide Dogs, said it was hoped the new puppy would be from the latest litter of the Star’s first puppy Star.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
The funding for the new pup has already been raised thanks to generosity of readers, businesses and fundraising, and a new appeal has been launched by the Ipswich Star to raise �5,000 for the sixth pup.
? To donate to the Ipswich Star Guide Dog Appeal, send your cheques – made payable to Guide Dogs – to Richard Cornwell, Felixstowe editor, Felixstowe Star, 172 Hamilton Road, Felixstowe, Suffolk, IP11 7DU.