Felixstowe/Ipswich: Star dog gives birth to ten puppies
SHE’S a real Star!
It means Star, who was given the role of a brood bitch after her initial puppy walking training, has now produced 25 puppies for the Guide Dogs for the Blind charity.
One of her children from a previous litter, Zoe, is also currently expecting six or seven pups next month.
Over the years to come Star’s legacy – thanks to the fundraising efforts of Ipswich Star readers – could be hundreds of puppies from her own litters and those of any of her offspring who go on to be brood bitches.
Most of the pups will go on to be guide dogs to act as the eyes of blind and visually-impaired people, giving them greater freedom to be independent and live life to the full.
You may also want to watch:
Two of Star’s pups, Sterling and Robson, have become Ipswich Star appeal dogs, and it is hoped the appeal’s fifth puppy – for which the money has already been raised – will be from the new litter of seven boys and three girls.
“It is very exciting – ten puppies is amazing and they are being very carefully monitored at the moment as the early days are crucial,” said Penny Parker, puppy walker for the appeal dogs.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
“We are hoping our new puppy will be from the litter and are waiting for the confirmation of the name and dates of when the new pup will be arriving.”