Felixstowe: Man arrested on suspicion of drug driving
A man has been arrested on suspicion of driving whilst unfit through drugs.
A 42-year old man from Felixstowe was arrested after a member of the public called police about a vehicle being driven erratically on the A12 on Wednesday night.
Police were called to the A12 southbound at about 9.20pm after it was reported the car was veering over the road at Little Glemham.
Officers stopped the vehicle and gave the man a breath test – which proved negative – however the officer who stopped him suspected he was driving under the influence of drugs and gave him an impairment test.
He was arrested and the vehicle was searched – heroin and a quantity of cash were recovered.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been bailed to return to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre on September 17, pending further enquiries.
Anyone who suspects someone is driving under the influence of drink or drugs is urged to call Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster