Felixstowe man back behind bars
PRISONER Mark Dugdale is back inside today after he stole a knife from a Felixstowe DIY store.Dugdale, 26, of Orford Road, Felixstowe, who is serving a four-year sentence for robbery, had been given temporary release from Wayland prison in Norfolk.
PRISONER Mark Dugdale is back inside today after he stole a knife from a Felixstowe DIY store.
Dugdale, 26, of Orford Road, Felixstowe, who is serving a four-year sentence for robbery, had been given temporary release from Wayland prison in Norfolk.
Gareth Davies, prosecuting told the court that his release license had been revoked on Wednesday and when police officers arrested Dugdale on Friday , they searched him and found a Stanley knife.
After his arrest, Dugdale admitted to police officers that he had stolen the £3.99 knife from Homebase in Felixstowe.
He pleaded guilty to the theft at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court that he had taken the knife.
Dino Barricella, representing Dugdale, told magistrates credit should be given for his prompt guilty plea.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 8 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 9 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 10 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
Magistrates accepted the plea and told Dugdale that his overnight stay in police cells was sufficient punishment.
He was taken back to prison in Norfolk straight after his court appearance on Saturday morning.