Man arrested after van allegedly hits two vehicles – including police car
- Credit: Google
A man has been arrested following an incident in which a van reportedly collided with a police vehicle after leaving the scene of an earlier crash.
Police were called to an area of Felixstowe following an incident on Saturday night.
A motorist reported the driver of another vehicle – a blue VW Transporter – had reversed and collided with the vehicle he was driving in Manor Terrace.
Officers attended the scene and attempted to speak to the driver, who reportedly failed to stop and caused some damage to a police vehicle.
A female officer left her vehicle and attempted to stop the driver from leaving the scene. The vehicle was stopped further down Manor Road.
You may also want to watch:
A 54-year-old man was arrested for failing to provide a breath sample and a number of other offences. He remains in police custody.
Nom one was seriously hurt in the incident.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 4 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 5 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 6 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 7 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 Proposal for 73 park homes on former business park site
Any witnesses should call 101 quoting 37/53222/20.