Felixstowe/Martlesham Heath: Super slimmer preparing to help others shed the pounds
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk super slimmer whose son inspired her to shed the pounds has now set out on a mission to help others battle the bulge.
Mum-of-three Kate May made her decision to start dieting when, at the weight of 15st, her son William said he “wished that she was skinny”.
Kate, of Gainsborough Road, Felixstowe, enlisted in a Slimming World group in the resort and lost about 3st in 16 weeks – and she is still aiming to lose another stone.
She said: “I have found a new way of cooking our favourite family meals, such as curries and my boys favourite, Sunday roast.
“With nothing banned I can still have my gin and tonic and chocolate in the evenings without any guilt.
“Learning so much from the group and the members each week has been so inspiring.
“My weight loss has changed my life. I enjoy regular activity and find I can keep up with my three boys.”
- 1 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 4 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 5 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 6 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 9 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 10 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
Kate, who works as an independent living advisor in Ipswich, is now preparing to take on her own Slimming World group and hopes her story and experiences will help others turn their lives around.
She added: “I know how hard it can be to try and lose weight on your own. I couldn’t have lost three stone without my consultant and my group.
“Sharing recipes and other ideas and overcoming disappointments as well as celebrating success was all part of the journey, so there will be lots of support, encouragement and fun at my Slimming World group.”
Kate will open her new group on Tuesday at St Michael’s Church Centre in Martlesham Heath – it will start at 7.30pm.