Felixstowe: Motorist who drove car at man before crashing into garden wall wanted by police
A motorist drove his car into a man, leaving him in hospital, before crashing into a garden wall and fleeing the scene in Felixstowe last night, police said.
Police are hunting the driver of an emerald green car with a spoiler after a 36-year-old man was injured near the junction of Stour Avenue and Butley Road at around 7.30pm.
The pair became embroiled in a verbal altercation before the car was driven at the man, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The vehicle then crashed into a garden wall at a property in Stour Avenue.
The injured man hobbled away before being taken to hospital by a relative.
The car, thought to have been damaged, drove off.
The incident was reported by a resident to police, who have launched an investigation and are appealing for witnesses or people with information relating to the incident to come forward.
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Ukrainian family finally coming to Ipswich after eight-week visa struggle