Felixstowe: Motorist who drove car at man before crashing into garden wall wanted by police
A motorist drove his car into a man, leaving him in hospital, before crashing into a garden wall and fleeing the scene in Felixstowe last night, police said.
Police are hunting the driver of an emerald green car with a spoiler after a 36-year-old man was injured near the junction of Stour Avenue and Butley Road at around 7.30pm.
The pair became embroiled in a verbal altercation before the car was driven at the man, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The vehicle then crashed into a garden wall at a property in Stour Avenue.
The injured man hobbled away before being taken to hospital by a relative.
You may also want to watch:
The car, thought to have been damaged, drove off.
The incident was reported by a resident to police, who have launched an investigation and are appealing for witnesses or people with information relating to the incident to come forward.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns