Felixstowe: New attraction is proving a hit with resort’s visitors
EVERY summer, thousands of people descend on Felixstowe to enjoy the host of amusements and attractions along the seafront.
From games machines to rides, the resort’s seafront is filled with youngsters enjoying fun days out.
And one seafront boss is hoping people will enjoy the attractions at his site over the holidays as he opens up a new ride for the summer.
Stan Harris, owner of Ocean Boulevard in Sea Road, has brought back the popular water zorbs and his new attraction, the aqua boats, is set to provide plenty of fun for children this summer.
The new attraction, for children between three and nine-years-old, gives youngsters the chance to sail around in an inflatable pool.
Mr Harris said: “It’s ideal – it’s an inflatable boating lake – they have been popular.”
Amusement bosses in the resort are doing all they can to attract residents to make sure this summer is a successful one.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 8 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 9 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 10 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
Mr Harris is hopeful that this year there will be a stream of visitors coming to town to enjoy the attractions.
He added: “The beach is here, the weather is here – people are coming.
“We are positive, everybody in the resort did well last year.”
? Have you enjoyed a day out in Felixstowe this summer? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, IP4 1AN, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org