Felixstowe: New Poetree Walks event launched at resort
- Credit: Archant
WALKERS will combine nature and poetry tomorrow on the first of a new season of walks in Felixstowe.
Those taking part in the monthly Poetree Walks enjoy a stroll together, stopping occasionally to read a short piece of poetry, tell a story or even sing.
The event starts from the car park of the Grove woodland off the Beatrice Avenue/Grove Road roundabout at 2.30pm.
Organiser Trevor Lockwood said: “It’s a chance to meet new friends, and see the emerging signs of spring.
“Abbey Grove was planted as a native broadleaved woodland by the local community in December 1998 as part of The Woodland Trust’s Woods on your Doorstep project.
“The design of the four hectare woodland incorporates an area of hazel coppice, a small meadow to increase visitor enjoyment and habitat diversity. Abbey Grove abuts an area of existing secondary woodland known as The Grove, which is owned by Suffolk Coastal District Council, and is much used by the public.
“It’s a light-hearted afternoon - bring a picnic if you think it’s warm enough.”
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 8 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Dog rescued from flat fire