Felixstowe: Police call for teen witnesses to assault to come forward
FELIXSTOWE: Police are appealing for two women to come forward after a late-night assault which left a teenager with cuts and bruises on his face.
The teen – a 19-year-old male – was walking with two friends in Hamilton Road at around 11.45pm on Saturday when they heard shouting coming from behind the shops.
They went down the alleyway next to the Palace Cinema and Bingo, where they saw a man and a woman having what police have called a “heated argument”.
The 19-year-old tried to intervene but was then assaulted by the man, leaving him with cuts on his ear and lip and swelling to his face which needed treatment at Ipswich Hospital.
The suspect is described as white, in his late teens to early 20s, of large build and more than 6ft 2ins, with fair hair that was re-growing after being shaved, and wearing dark clothing.
Police are now calling for the woman involved in the argument and another, who appeared to be standing with the couple, to come forward. The first is thought to be white, in her late teens, around 5ft 6ins and skinny, with blonde hair tied back in a ponytail. She was wearing a white jumper with a red logo on the front, and blue jeans.
The other woman is described as white, also in her late teens, around 5ft 10ins and of a medium to large build, with straight dark red hair. She was wearing dark clothes, which witnesses say might have been a dark top with long sleeves and black trousers.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
Police are keen to trace those involved in the incident and have asked the two women and any other witnesses to come forward by calling DC Worne on 01473 613500.
n Have you been a victim of crime and want to tell us your story? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com