Man dies at Port of Felixstowe after cardiac arrest
- Credit: Archant
A man died following a cardiac arrest at the Port of Felixstowe this morning, it has been confirmed.
Police, fire and ambulance were all called to what was described as a “medical emergency” at the port at 8.19am on Saturday.
Now, it has been confirmed that a person died after suffering a cardiac arrest.
A spokesman for East of England Ambulance Service said: “Two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle attended to a man who suffered a cardiac arrest at Felixstowe docks just before 8.30am.
“Sadly, the patient died at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
Five police vehicles were dispatched after the initial call out, remaining on the scene for several hours.
A fire engine and fire control car were also seen at Dock Gate One entrance, with a crew seen wearing white chemical suits.
- 1 Burglar who targeted aunt's home while she was at her son's funeral is jailed
- 2 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 3 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 4 New bid for supermarket on Anglia Retail Park could be submitted
- 5 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 6 Pensioner 'could not help himself' viewing indecent images of children
- 7 Former Ipswich nightclub to become Network Rail base
- 8 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 9 £40,000 of cash and large amount of cocaine seized in Ipswich
- 10 Global property firm acquires huge new Suffolk logistics site