‘Medical emergency’ at Felixstowe Port prompts huge police and fire response
- Credit: Archant
A “medical emergency” at Felixstowe Port has led to a large emergency services presence.
Suffolk police were called by the East of England Ambulance Service at 8.19am on Saturday to attend the incident.
Five police vehicles were dispatched and remain at the scene several hours later.
Also seen at Dock Gate One entrance were a fire engine and fire control car, with a crew seen wearing white chemical suits.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service confirmed it was called to the scene this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The East of England Ambulance Service has been contacted.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 8 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused