Felixstowe: Praise for artists’ work at annual resort show
MORE than 60 artists are showing off their work at one of Felixstowe’s most popular annual events.
Pictures were already being snapped up by eager buyers almost as soon as the doors opened at the Felixstowe Art Group’s 61st annual exhibition.
The event – which runs from 10am to 6pm today, tomorrow and Saturday at the Trinity Methodist Church hall in Orwell Road – has 224 works on show in oils, watercolours, pencil drawings, acrylics, wax, origami and charcoal.
There are also unframed works to view and buy.
Vice chairman Jim Lait said: “There is a huge range of work on different topics and in different styles and techniques.
You may also want to watch:
“There has been a steady flow of people coming to see the work and people have said they think the exhibition has improved on last year.
“As vice chairman, I think the standard of work has definitely gone up which is good for the club and the prestige of the club and shows we are stepping forward in the right direction.”
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
? The art group meets fortnightly on a Tuesday at Broadway House, Orwell Road, from 7.30pm to 9.30pm for talks, demonstrations and work evenings – people are invited to go along to find out more; admission �2 non members.