Felixstowe: Record entry for this year’s Felixstowe’s Got Talent contest
- Credit: Archant
BUDDING stars of the future will take to the stage this weekend as the heats get under way for Felixstowe’s Got Talent – with the competition having attracted a record number of entries.
Singers, dance troupes and variety acts will line up for the event, and tickets are already selling fast.
Heats begin on Saturday at the Felixstowe Beach Holiday Park, Walton Avenue, Felixstowe, and will continue on Saturdays February 9 and 16, with the final on February 23. Doors open at 6.30pm each week.
The event is sponsored by the East of England Co-operative Society with judges from the local community.
Nick Barber, chairman of Felixstowe Carnival, which is organising the event, said: “We have a good mixture of acts and a record number of entries, which we are delighted with.
“Tickets are selling really fast, which we expected after the success of the past couple of years.
“It’s a great family night out, too.”
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 3 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 6 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 7 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 8 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 9 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 10 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
Twelve acts will make the final with the top three from each heat going through automatically and this year the audience will also be choosing its favourite from each evening.
Mr Barber said prizes this year would include a £250 cash for the overall winner and cash prizes for the runners up.
Winner last year was 11-year-old Connie Lamb, who was heralded as a potential future star after stunning the panel of local celebrity judges with her rendition of On my Own from the hit musical Les Miserables.
The event also raised more than £2,000 to help with the costs of running the town’s carnival, which takes place August 10 and 11.
? Tickets are £3 for adults and £1 children and are available from The Sweet Hut, Hamilton Road, Felixstowe, or the box office on 01394 671119, and there may be some on the door if the events are not sold out.