Felixstowe: Resort launches new image and logo to attract daytrippers
TOURIST attractions and businesses are today hoping Felixstowe’s bright new logo and snappy slogan will attract a fresh audience to the resort’s special attractions.
In future, the resort will be marketed under the slogan “Felixstowe – Great days by the Sea” with a logo featuring the sun and a seagull and including the town colours of royal blue and gold.
Mayor Doreen Savage said the project had been inspired by leading businessman and Dragon’s Den investor Duncan Bannaytne during his visits to make his Seaside Rescue TV programme.
He praised the town for what it had to offer, but felt it could promote itself better.
“We now have a modern snappy brand to help promote Felixstowe into the future,” said Mrs Savage.
The project has been put together by Felixstowe Chamber of Commerce, town and district councils and key local businesses with co-ordination from Felixstowe Futures, supported by the Evening Star.
Branding guru Simon Middleton also helped with the project, running workshops on improving branding.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
“With Simon’s excellent assistance, a new slogan to promote Felixstowe was agreed, along with other key messages after involving local business and community representatives,” said chamber chairman Andrew Rowdon.
“Our simple aim is to increase the profile of Felixstowe, its unique and exciting attractions, and draw even more people to our town.
“It is hoped that the logo will be used by both business and tourism industries alike.
“The logo was chosen as it has a real seaside feel to it and was vibrant and fun – and it is hoped it will appeal to all ages.”
Stephen Bracewell, chairman of Felixstowe Futures, said “This bodes well for the challenges ahead of seeking to attract more investment to the town and improving the offer for both residents and visitors alike.
“Rebranding has been an important step in our vision to ensure that Felixstowe is a lively and popular resort once again.”
The new image will be launched at the Suffolk Show next week.
? Do you like the new logo? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP11 7DU. or e-mail email@example.com