New coronavirus case confirmed at Felixstowe School - 63 students now self-isolating
- Credit: Archant
A second pupil at Felixstowe School has tested positive for Covid-19, with more than 60 pupils now self-isolating.
The school confirmed on Tuesday that a pupil had tested positive for the virus, with a staff member and 63 sixth form students now self isolating.
The latest announcement brings the total number of confirmed cases at the school to two.
A student at the school had previously tested positive for the virus last month and had not been at the school since September 18.
Emma Wilson-Downes, headteacher of Felixstowe School, said: “We can confirm that one sixth form student has tested positive for Covid-19.
“One staff member and 63 sixth form students have now been contacted and have begun self-isolating for the 14-day period.
“All students who have been asked to self-isolate have been spoken to and asked if they need any support with accessing remote learning.”
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 5 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 8 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 9 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 10 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager