New coronavirus case confirmed at Felixstowe School - 63 students now self-isolating
- Credit: Archant
A second pupil at Felixstowe School has tested positive for Covid-19, with more than 60 pupils now self-isolating.
The school confirmed on Tuesday that a pupil had tested positive for the virus, with a staff member and 63 sixth form students now self isolating.
The latest announcement brings the total number of confirmed cases at the school to two.
A student at the school had previously tested positive for the virus last month and had not been at the school since September 18.
Emma Wilson-Downes, headteacher of Felixstowe School, said: “We can confirm that one sixth form student has tested positive for Covid-19.
“One staff member and 63 sixth form students have now been contacted and have begun self-isolating for the 14-day period.
“All students who have been asked to self-isolate have been spoken to and asked if they need any support with accessing remote learning.”
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing