Felixstowe: Seafront cafe up for grabs for someone with energy, ideas and cash
- Credit: Archant
NEW tenants are being sought to give a publicly-owned seafront cafe a fresh and exciting look.
Suffolk Coastal council is offering a seven-year lease of the Cliff Top Tearooms at Cliff House, off Bath Hill, Felixstowe, and people have until the end of February to make a bid.
“This is an excellent chance for either an established caterer, or someone who has their own new recipe for a successful career, to take on a prime location facility that overlooks the splendour of Felixstowe,” said Robert Whiting, cabinet member for resources.
“This is an established and popular café that just needs someone ready to invest their energy, ideas and money to potentially create another quality attraction for local residents and all those who visit the resort.
“We are looking for new tenants for the Cliff Top for the next seven years and who are ready to take on the lease and make the commitment to give this landmark facility a fresh and exciting look.”
The immediate surroundings of the Cliff Top are set for a major improvement with the £2.76m Spa Gardens project funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund set to restore the area to its former glory, and also improve access to the café site.
Cliff House – a substantial late Victorian or early Edwardian property divided into flats, garages, the café and chalets – has a 558sq ft seating area, 247sq ft kitchen, plus large basement, store, and toilet.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 5 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 6 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 7 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 8 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 9 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 10 Peregrine falcon put down after being illegally trapped and shot in Suffolk
Rental offers are being sought by February 28 by Suffolk Coastal’s estates team.
? Full details available via www.suffolkcoastal.gov.uk/yourcouncil/propertysales or from Gary Lowe on 01394 444717 or email email@example.com.