Felixstowe: Seafront cafe up for grabs for someone with energy, ideas and cash
- Credit: Archant
NEW tenants are being sought to give a publicly-owned seafront cafe a fresh and exciting look.
Suffolk Coastal council is offering a seven-year lease of the Cliff Top Tearooms at Cliff House, off Bath Hill, Felixstowe, and people have until the end of February to make a bid.
“This is an excellent chance for either an established caterer, or someone who has their own new recipe for a successful career, to take on a prime location facility that overlooks the splendour of Felixstowe,” said Robert Whiting, cabinet member for resources.
“This is an established and popular café that just needs someone ready to invest their energy, ideas and money to potentially create another quality attraction for local residents and all those who visit the resort.
“We are looking for new tenants for the Cliff Top for the next seven years and who are ready to take on the lease and make the commitment to give this landmark facility a fresh and exciting look.”
You may also want to watch:
The immediate surroundings of the Cliff Top are set for a major improvement with the £2.76m Spa Gardens project funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund set to restore the area to its former glory, and also improve access to the café site.
Cliff House – a substantial late Victorian or early Edwardian property divided into flats, garages, the café and chalets – has a 558sq ft seating area, 247sq ft kitchen, plus large basement, store, and toilet.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 5 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 10 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
Rental offers are being sought by February 28 by Suffolk Coastal’s estates team.
? Full details available via www.suffolkcoastal.gov.uk/yourcouncil/propertysales or from Gary Lowe on 01394 444717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.