Felixstowe: Search for a new star gets under way again
- Credit: Archant
BUDDING stars of the future will have the chance to show off their talents next month at one of the region’s top competitions to discover new performers.
Heats for Felixstowe’s Got Talent take place on the first three Saturdays of February, with the final on Saturday, February 23, at the Felixstowe Beach Caravan Park, Walton Avenue, Felixstowe.
Last year’s event – organised by the Felixstowe Carnival – was a huge success, attracting big audiences every week to enjoy a wide range of acts.
Winner was 11-year-old Connie Lamb, who was heralded as a potential future star after stunning the panel of local celebrity judges with her rendition of On my Own from the hit musical Les Miserables.
The event also raised more than £2,000 to help with the costs of running the town’s carnival.
You may also want to watch:
Carnival chairman Nick Barber said Felixstowe’s Got Talent was open to anyone aged over eight years old, and the organising committee was again hoping for a big variety of talent from the around the area to take part.
“The closing date for entries is January 19. There are cash and other prizes for the winners, plus an appearance on stage at the carnival,” he said.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
? Application forms can be downloaded from the website, www.felixstowecarnival.org.uk, or are available from the carnival secretary at 9 Croutel Road, Felixstowe.