Felixstowe: Security review under way as travellers move on
TRAVELLERS who were camped on a Felixstowe car park have moved on.
The group were staying on the Landguard Common free car park at the end of Manor Terrace, with their caravans, trucks and cars along one edge of the site, including outside tables and chairs set up.
Suffolk Coastal council was taking legal action to have the group, the third to visit the resort this summer, evicted.
Other groups stayed on the south seafront redevelopment site, and the Garrison Lane car park.
A security review is now under way and action to be taken to stop further camps taking place has been promised.
You may also want to watch:
Council officials are assessing a number of options but have said that heigh barriers are not likely to be among them as this would prevent camper vans and legitimate caravan owners from using the car parks during day-time.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties