Felixstowe: Shop bosses pay tribute to customers as town centre store closes
BOSSES at a fashion shop in the resort today paid tribute to their customers as they prepare to close their doors for the final time.
OMG, in Hamilton Road, has been a part of the town for the last 10 years offering an array of different products, but closed on Monday afternoon.
The closure also means that Cafe Kitsch, which has been operating out of the shop’s top floor for about two years, will now need to find a new home.
A spokesman for OMG said: “We would like to take the time to publicly thank all our loyal customers for ten years of support and encouragement.
“We are proud to have been such an active part of the high street in Felixstowe for such a long time.”
Cafe Kitsch, formerly known as Sangha, has been in business for the last five years and uprooted from its Orwell Road home about two years ago.
Despite the shock of the closure, the cafe’s owner, Leeann Ling, insisted she is determined to find a new premises for the cafe.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 5 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 6 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 7 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 8 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 'Amazing start' for baker who sells treats out of horsebox
She added: “Everyone has been shocked and upset by the news because it is a nice little community here.
“The customers have been absolutely brilliant, really supportive – it is just as much of a shock for them.
“We are going to strive to continue and our customers have said wherever we are, they will come.”
OMG did not wish to elaborate on why they are closing down.