Felixstowe: Students set to raise cash to help appeal
- Credit: Archant
YOUNGSTERS at Felixstowe Academy are drawing up ideas to raise cash to help the Ipswich Star’s 2013 guide dog appeal.
Puppy walker Penny Parker took our new guide dog pup Diamond to the academy to meet youngsters and talk to them about the work of the charity.
Before she arrived, they had already been tasked by their teacher to do some research – and had a host of questions ready.
“The class were learning about the role of volunteering and had been asked to research Guide Dogs,” said Mrs Parker.
“They had lots of questions for me and we had a good discussion about the charity’s work and how it raises funds, and now the students are going to look at ideas to raise funds for the appeal when the school holds its charity days during the year.”
Diamond is a daughter of the paper’s first guide dog Star, now working as a brood bitch to produce lots more potential guide dogs, and follows in the footsteps of Star, Faith, Sterling and Robson.
She is currently being exposed to a range of different experiences and circumstances as part of her initial training.
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 6 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 8 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 9 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 10 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
Fundraising for the Star’s sixth guide dog puppy is now complete and now an appeal has been launched to raise £5,000 for a seventh.
? To donate to the Ipswich Star Guide Dog Appeal, send your cheques – made payable to Guide Dogs – to Richard Cornwell, Felixstowe editor, Felixstowe Star, 172 Hamilton Road, Felixstowe, Suffolk, IP11 7DU.