Felixstowe: Suffolk Sands and Felixstowe Beach holiday parks win national kitemark award
- Credit: Archant
TWO holiday parks in Felixstowe are among the first in the UK to gain accreditation under a new scheme for parks selling caravan holiday homes and lodges.
The National Caravan Council kitemark is awarded to parks adopting a stringent new code for treating customers fairly.
Felixstowe Beach and Suffolk Sands, owned by Park Holidays UK, have been awarded the NCC Approved Holiday Park status.
The parks’ director Tony Clish said: “We are delighted to be founder-members of the scheme, and have been working with the NCC to ensure that it offers an attractive set of undertakings for our customers.
“Potential holiday home buyers will have the assurance that an approved park has been independently audited to a high level, and works to rigorous standards of customer service.
You may also want to watch:
“I am sure customers will welcome this development which we see as a very positive step to further strengthen the future of Britain’s successful holiday home industry.”
Mr Clish had been calling for a code of practice and Park Holidays helped to shape the criteria.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 5 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion