Felixstowe suspect confronted in pub car park after vigilante paedophile hunters’ internet sting
- Credit: PA
A Felixstowe man has been arrested on suspicion of sexual grooming after internet vigilante paedophile hunters claimed to have trapped him in a sting.
The 36-year-old suspect, who is said to have previously worked with children, has now been released on bail.
He was detained after being confronted in a Felixstowe pub car park.
It is claimed he had gone to the location because he believed he was meeting an 11-year-old.
According to the woman and men who confronted him he had been speaking in an internet chatroom with what he believed to be a number of children, although they were said to be decoys. It is claimed photos were sent by him during the conversations.
You may also want to watch:
Cat Cowie, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary confirmed a Felixstowe man was arrested on July 19 on suspicion of sexual grooming.
He was taken to Martlesham police investigation centre where he was questioned, before being released on bail until August 8.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront