Felixstowe: Team is aiming to help Felixstowe people get more active
LIVE Well Suffolk’s team will be bringing its roadshow to Felixstowe tomorrow to raise awareness of the wide range of sports and leisure activities available throughout the county.
The team will be in Hamilton Road from 10.30am, talking to people about the new Suffolk Get Active campaign.
The campaign has been launched by Live Well Suffolk in partnership with Suffolk County Council and sport and disability charity Optua as part of a countywide response to the Olympic legacy.
Tim Roberts, director of Live Well Suffolk, said: “The visit to Felixstowe will give us the opportunity to speak to local people about the variety of sporting and leisure activities which are available on their doorstep.
“We want to get people aware of how easy it is to incorporate more physical activity into our daily routines.”
You may also want to watch:
The aim is to work with people to help Suffolk become England’s most active county.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 5 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 Not long to wait for new café at Needham Lake