Felixstowe: Waiting is over as Christmas charity concerts start
SEVEN nights of shows will be staged from tomorrow at Felixstowe’s Spa Pavilion as part of a massive charity project.
Waiting for Christmas has involved more than 3,000 children from across the county, and many will be taking part in the special performances, singing the songs they have recorded for a new CD.
The project – run by a team of Felixstowe-based Christians – is aiming to raise �50,000 for Christian aid agency Tearfund.
It is also strengthening links between churches and schools, telling the message of Christmas in a fun way, and also raising awareness of poverty and injustice.
The concerts at the Spa get under way tomorrow and run all week to the final night on Saturday, December 8, with different schools taking part each evening.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised will go to projects in Africa, including planting trees, repairing bridges, forming village savings and loan clubs, cooperatives and farmers’ clubs, irrigation farming, ensuring everyone has livestock, and providing clean water for communities.
Co-ordinator Andrew Rayner, of Christ Church, Felixstowe, said: “Christmas time is one of our most indulgent times of the year and we want to look at how the majority of the world lives, that being nowhere near as well as we do and in very different circumstances, and how we can all help to change that.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
? The concerts start at 7pm – tickets �10 adults and �7 children/concessions. Call the Spa box office on 01394 282126.
? The CD is available to buy from a number of outlets, including Co-ops in Felixstowe, Woodbridge, Debenham, Framlingham, and Ipswich; and the St Nicholas Centre, Cutler Street, and Music World, Queen Street, Ipswich.