Felixstowe: Water bosses red faced after date mix up
- Credit: Archant
BOSSES at Anglian Water were left red faced after it was discovered letters they sent out to customers in Old Felixstowe relating to water mains flushing work contained incorrect work dates.
While the days stated in the letters were correct, the dates did not correspond, leaving homeowners in the area baffled and unsure of when they would actually be affected by work.
Officials at Anglian Water have said the organisation is aware of the mistake, which has been put down to human error.
A spokesman said: “It was sent out incorrectly and we apologise for that.
“We would like to apologise to anyone who has been left a little bamboozled by what we have sent.”
You may also want to watch:
The first works started on Monday evening with the next due to take place today (Wednesday) between 9am and 6pm.
Further work will then take place on Thursday, March 21 and the last day will be on Friday, March 22.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 9 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
For more details about the works, please visit www.anglianwater.co.uk