Felixstowe: Water bosses red faced after date mix up
- Credit: Archant
BOSSES at Anglian Water were left red faced after it was discovered letters they sent out to customers in Old Felixstowe relating to water mains flushing work contained incorrect work dates.
While the days stated in the letters were correct, the dates did not correspond, leaving homeowners in the area baffled and unsure of when they would actually be affected by work.
Officials at Anglian Water have said the organisation is aware of the mistake, which has been put down to human error.
A spokesman said: “It was sent out incorrectly and we apologise for that.
“We would like to apologise to anyone who has been left a little bamboozled by what we have sent.”
The first works started on Monday evening with the next due to take place today (Wednesday) between 9am and 6pm.
Further work will then take place on Thursday, March 21 and the last day will be on Friday, March 22.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 3 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 6 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 7 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 8 Meet John Cook the next mayor of Ipswich – and a Norwich City supporter
- 9 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 10 GALLERY: 14 pictures from the Ipswich Twilight Races 2022
For more details about the works, please visit www.anglianwater.co.uk