Festival line-up revealed
A STRING of top acts have been announced to headline this year's two-day V-festival at Hylands Park, Chelmsford.The twelfth annual event, taking place on Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19, will feature double Brit Award winners The Killers, Snow Patrol, Amy Winehouse and the Foo Fighters.
A STRING of top acts have been announced to headline this year's two-day V-festival at Hylands Park, Chelmsford.
The twelfth annual event, taking place on Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19, will feature double Brit Award winners The Killers, Snow Patrol, Amy Winehouse and the Foo Fighters.
Tickets go on sale at 9am on Thursday and organisers are expecting them to sell out in record time.
The Foo Fighters, who have sold more than 20 million albums worldwide, and Northern Irish band Snow Patrol will headline on the main stage at Chelmsford on the Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Double Grammy winner Pink, indie four-piece the Editors, featuring Ipswich-born drummer Ed Lay, will also appear on the main stage, joined by Scottish hit Paolo Nutini and comeback kings The Proclaimers.
The Channel Four stage will feature Basement Jaxx, Amy Winehouse, The Coral, Babyshambles and The Fray.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Ipswich's infection rate falls — but more care home Covid deaths reported
Sophie Ellis Bextor, Happy Mondays and Primal Scream will appear in the JJB/Puma Arena.
Sunday will see another set of leading bands head to Essex, with The Killers, Kasabian, James, The Fratellis, KT Tunstall, James Morrison and The Goo Goo Dolls appearing on the main stage.
The Kooks, Manic Street Preachers, Lily Allen and Mika will entertain the crowds from the Channel 4 stage, while Damien Rice and Corinne Bailey Rae will appear in the JJB/Puma Arena.
V Festival director Bob Angus said: “Building the V Festival line up is without a doubt one of the best times of the year for us and securing The Killers and Foo Fighters - two of the biggest and best live bands - as headliners is a real achievement.
“In addition to these and the other great acts announced, we're building the momentum and are confident that it won't be long before some more great names are announced. Watch this space.”
Tickets prices cost £130 for a weekend pass with camping, £110 for a weekend pass without camping and £63.50 for a day ticket, plus booking fees.