Festive outing for residents at Monmouth Court nursing home in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an Ipswich nursing home treated their residents to a spot of festive shopping and afternoon tea.
Senior activity organiser Sally Elliss arranged for ten residents from Monmouth Court nursing home to take a trip to the decorated town centre followed by a spread of festive treats at St Lawrence Church café in Dial Lane.
Miss Elliss said: “It’s really important for them to get out; sometimes they feel like the outside world doesn’t exist.
“It’s nice for them to realise the world still cares about people in care homes.”
She said one of the residents, Peggy Brett, had not been into town for five years.
You may also want to watch:
“You can imagine her delight when she saw all the lights”, she added.
The church café kept their doors open just for the residents and laid them out a special display of tea, cakes, mince pies and sandwiches.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 9 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial