Festive spectacular returns to Ipswich
Put down those Christmas crackers and rolls of wrapping paper - because time is running out to secure your ticket to the best festive show around.
IPSWICH: Put down those Christmas crackers and rolls of wrapping paper - because time is running out to secure your ticket to the best festive show around.
The Evening Star Christmas Carol Service is back to spread yuletide cheer and raise funds for this year's Christmas Appeal.
The annual service, which takes place at the heart of Ipswich in St Margaret's Church, is set to be bigger than ever this year.
It is happening on Monday, December 7 and will include congregational carols and performances by St Margaret's Church Choir and the Ipswich Deaf Choir.
You may also want to watch:
The choir from Sprites Primary School in Chantry will also perform as people arrive.
All funds raised from the festive event will be donated to the Have a Heart Appeal, which has been selected by The Evening Star as beneficiary of this year's Christmas charity.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 10 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
There is no better way to start counting down the days until December 25 and tickets for the service are on sale and selling quickly.
Evening Star editor, Nigel Pickover, said: “The carol service is such a great event because it really brings the Christmas spirit to Ipswich.”
Tickets cost �1 and are available from The Evening Star's offices in Lower Brook Street.
Alternatively, a cheque - payable to Archant Regional Limited - can be sent to Jo Reeder, The Evening Star Christmas Carol Service, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.
Have you enjoyed the start of Ipswich's Christmas celebrations? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.