Fifth person dies following A12 crash
POLICE have today confirmed that a fifth person has died following a road traffic collision on the A12 earlier this month.Kim Abbott, 41, was a passenger in a Renault Laguna which collided with a Vauxhall Astra near Blythburgh on July 1.
POLICE have today confirmed that a fifth person has died following a road traffic collision on the A12 earlier this month.
Kim Abbott, 41, was a passenger in a Renault Laguna which collided with a Vauxhall Astra near Blythburgh on July 1.
Ms Abbott, from Yoxford, had been in a critical condition in the James Paget Hospital since the crash and died this morning.
Simon Bonner, 40, also from Yoxford and a passenger in the Laguna, also died in the collision.
Carla Took, 18, Claire Stoddart, 18, and her 15-year-old sister Jennifer Stoddart, who were travelling in the Astra were also killed.
Another 18-year-old girl remains in hospital with multiple injuries and is recovering.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 9 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and has been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on August 16.