Final farewell of Dean's girlfriend
HE was her hero and her protector.But today it is the turn of Dean Bloomfield's girlfriend Janay Porter to be strong for him.In life Dean meant everything to his 14-year-old sweetheart.
HE was her hero and her protector.
But today it is the turn of Dean Bloomfield's girlfriend Janay Porter to be strong for him.
In life Dean meant everything to his 14-year-old sweetheart.
Even at the moment the 15-year-old Stoke High School pupil was fatally injured in Fore Hamlet, Ipswich, their hands were entwined with their fingers interlocked.
You may also want to watch:
Although Janay's world is consumed by grief the 14-year-old summoned up the courage to say her final farewell to the boy she loved with all her heart.
With a maturity beyond her years the Year 10 pupil from Holywells High School today, for the first time publicly, paid her own powerful eulogy to the young man she will always remember as a fun loving teenager.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
Her written tribute read: "Dean, I don't know what I am going to do without you. Who's hand am I going to hold or who am I going to say I love you to?
I will always be thinking of you no matter what. I am really missing you. But at least I have all the good times to remember and all the times you made me laugh. You made me so happy and I love you so much. I will be strong for you so RIP my darling.
I am so glad that you were a part of my life. I will never forget you. I love you with all my heart.
Lots of Love Janay xxx"
Dean and Janay had known each other for about a year. Virtually from the moment they met in Ipswich they began to text each other on their mobile phones as so many youngsters do.
As the messages continued their love grew.
But it was only five or six weeks before Dean's death that they began to go out together seriously.
Smitten from then on it seemed they were a perfect match until tragedy struck.
Janay's mum and dad Elaine and Marty have only wonderful memories of Dean who brought so much joy into their daughter's life.
"Dean was just a dream come true," said Mrs Porter. "He was what every mother could hope for in a boyfriend for their daughter. He protected her right until the end.
"Dean meant the world to Janay. He was everything to her.
"We are devastated for Dean's parents and family. Words can not describe how we really feel for them."