Final farewell to funloving 22-year-old
MORE than 170 villagers, friends and family filled a parish church to celebrate the life of a 22-year-old woman who died a car accident near her home village.
MORE than 170 villagers, friends and family filled a parish church to celebrate the life of a woman who died in a car accident near her home.
Tanya Atkins, 22, was adored by those who knew her as a fun-loving girl who lived life to the full. She died in a crash on Sunday, October 6 on the A1120, just outside Stowupland, where she lived with her parents.
The Rev Nancy Baird, assistant priest for the community, led the service in the village church of Holy Trinity.
An aunt of Tanya's read a poem telling of the family's tears, loss and questioning, and how time would help heal their hurt.
She said: "She was a very friendly girl from a loving family. She was also a very lively girl who enjoyed work, partying and sleeping. But she had a quieter side too and did work for the community, celebrating for cancer research.
"It was a moving service, a sense of celebrating her life and grieving, and the shock.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
"Her death was a tragedy and people were supporting each other and caring for each other."
Tanya lived with her parents, Glenda and Mick, and sister Chelly. She had lived in the village all her life.
She attended the Freeman Primary School in Stowupland, Stowmarket Middle School and Stowupland High School.
She worked as office manager at Powndfield Products in Creeting St Peter.
Tanya, from Hornbeam Road in Stowupland, was driving an Audi saloon when she was involved in a collision with a Vauxhall Astra estate, two miles from Stowupland at about 7.30am on Sunday October 6.
After the funeral service, shewas laid to rest in Stowupland cemetery.