Final preparations for marathon runners
HUNDREDS of marathon runners from across Suffolk are today readying themselves for this weekend’s London Marathon.
Plates of pasta and relaxation will be on the menu in the lead up to Sunday’s race.
A total of 51,266 applications were accepted for the run, more than ever before, which includes thousands from this region.
The race will see the usual mix of elite runners, celebrities and enthusiastic amateurs, some dressed as Tellytubbies, firemen or leprechauns.
Gareth Harvey, a weather forecaster, said: “It’s not looking brilliant for the runners. It’s going to
You may also want to watch:
be quite warm for running with temperatures up to 20C by the time some competitors finish.
“It will be generally dry. There is a small chance of a shower across London but probably not until the afternoon.”
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid