Find out dates and details for 2017 Indian Summer Mela and Lark in the Park
Details have been announced for two events which have become family favourites in Ipswich’s summer entertainment calender.
Set in the town’s green spaces, Lark in the Park and the Indian Summer Mela attract thousands of visitors every year - as long as the weather holds out.
The 17th Lark in the Park, organised by Chantry Residents’ Association, will take place in Gippeswyk Park on Sunday, June 25 from 11am to 4.30pm at it is free to attend.
Along with the normal bouncy castles, donkey rides, majorettes and burgers, this year there will also be two new dance groups taking to the stage.
The 15th Indian Summer Mela, run by Ipswich and Suffolk Indian Association in conjunction with Ipswich Borough Council, will be held in Christchurch Park on Sunday, July 9 from 12noon to 6pm. It is also free to go along.
Attendees can enjoy performances of Bollywood dances, songs, music; dance workshops; Indian cooking demonstrations; sari and turban demonstrations, a talent show; a market; and an Indian food village.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 8 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 9 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town