Find out how to apply for BT Adastral Park work placements for NEET youngsters in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Young people in Suffolk are being offered free work placements at BT to help their future careers.
The three-week course, combining hands-on work experience with coaching and training, is open to those aged 16 to 24 not currently in education, employment or training (NEET).
The youngsters will learn practical skills such as CV writing and interview techniques to help boost their confidence.
The next course is at BT’s Adastral Park in Martlesham Heath from September 14 to October 4.
Tim Whitley, chair of BT’s East of England regional board, said: “BT work placements give young people the opportunity to experience the working day and gain invaluable insight of what is expected in the workplace.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be more opportunities to join a work placement in various East of England locations in the future, so even if someone can’t attend this course I’d encourage them to register their interest to make sure they don’t miss out.”
Although the course does not carry a formal qualification, attendees are given a certificate showing their attendance and achievements.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot