Why are there mysterious ‘white tents’ on the Cornhill?
- Credit: Archant
Have they been set up to house druids flocking to Ipswich to worship at “Corn Henge”? Or are they there to cover up the fountains?
There has been a lot of chatter in Ipswich town centre as people try and work out why there is now a large white marquee on the newly refurbished Cornhill.
It is believed the tents were put up at some point yesterday morning and currently they stand empty.
We can reveal that from Monday the big white tent will be home to the first ever Ipswich Christmas Craft fair, which will run from December 10 until Sunday December 23.
Ipswich Entertains have encouraged people to visit the craft fair, promising there will be unique Christmas gifts on sale inside a heated, floored marquee.
As well as crafts there will also be food including cheese and chutney from Lymn Bank Cheese and fudge from Candy carnival.
To find out more about what is on offer at the craft fair please visit the Ipswich Entertains website.
There has not been a market on the Cornhill since January this year when market traders were moved to Queen Street so they could make way for the redevelopment work on the Cornhill. You can read more about what has been happening to the Cornhill here.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 8 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Former camera shop Jessops cited for three flats in Ipswich