Finding love online put me in the dock
LOVESTRUCK Anji Anderson dressed up as her cheating boyfriend to drain his account in a bizarre bid to claw back thousands of pounds he owed her.Today she told how she met the love rat on the internet – and how the doomed affair landed her in court.
By Tracey Sparling
DISGUISING herself as her cheating boyfriend, an Ipswich woman tried to dupe bank staff into paying out thousands of pounds owed to her by the love rat she met on the internet.
In a desperate and bizarre bid to claw back the cash, Anji Anderson crammed a plastic bag inside her mouth, scraped her hair back and donned a baseball cap before trying to withdraw nearly £6,000 from his account.
But as Anderson watched the pile of notes being counted out, the bank cashier became suspicious at her disguise – and her claim to be unable to talk in the wake of "a mouth operation".
You may also want to watch:
After police were called, Anderson, a 57-year-old singer from Ipswich, ended up being charged for obtaining cash by deception.
FULL AMAZING STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated