Finding love online put me in the dock
LOVESTRUCK Anji Anderson dressed up as her cheating boyfriend to drain his account in a bizarre bid to claw back thousands of pounds he owed her.Today she told how she met the love rat on the internet – and how the doomed affair landed her in court.
By Tracey Sparling
DISGUISING herself as her cheating boyfriend, an Ipswich woman tried to dupe bank staff into paying out thousands of pounds owed to her by the love rat she met on the internet.
In a desperate and bizarre bid to claw back the cash, Anji Anderson crammed a plastic bag inside her mouth, scraped her hair back and donned a baseball cap before trying to withdraw nearly £6,000 from his account.
But as Anderson watched the pile of notes being counted out, the bank cashier became suspicious at her disguise – and her claim to be unable to talk in the wake of "a mouth operation".
You may also want to watch:
After police were called, Anderson, a 57-year-old singer from Ipswich, ended up being charged for obtaining cash by deception.
FULL AMAZING STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 6 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 9 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 10 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich