Fire at derelict outbuilding at former Masons pub in Ipswich suspected arson
A fire in a derelict outbuilding at the former Masons pub in Victoria Street, Ipswich, is being treated as suspected arson.
Two fire crews, from Princes Street, were called to the scene just after 2am.
On arrival, the aerial ladder platform and support pump from Ipswich East was requested after concerns that the roof of the outbuilding had caught alight.
They used one hose reel jet, small gear and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the fire, which had been extinguished by 2.40am.
All fire personnel left the scene just after 3am.
You may also want to watch:
No-one was present at the site at the time.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions