Fire at Suffolk prison
FIRE crews were called to a Suffolk prison today to extinguish a fire in a cell.Two crews from Normanston attended the blaze on the first floor of Blundeston Prison at around 2.
FIRE crews were called to a Suffolk prison today to extinguish a fire in a cell.
Two crews from Normanston attended the blaze on the first floor of Blundeston Prison at around 2.26pm.
Using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel, the flames were brought under control shortly before 3pm.
A spokesman for Blundeston Prison said: “We can confirm a fire was found in a bucket in a cell this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“The fire service attended and extinguished the fire. No one was hurt.
“The fire is being investigated.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers