Search

Fire crew helps tot

PUBLISHED: 05:02 31 October 2001 | UPDATED: 10:46 03 March 2010

FIREFIGHTERS really saw to it when an Ipswich tot got herself in a tight spot - after getting stuck in a chair.

Lucky for little Amber Tucker, a fire crew from the Princes Street station chopped to it after her frantic mum dialled 999 and untangled the four-year-old by sawing through the chair.

FIREFIGHTERS really saw to it when an Ipswich tot got herself in a tight spot – after getting stuck in a chair.

Lucky for little Amber Tucker, a fire crew from the Princes Street station chopped to it after her frantic mum dialled 999 and untangled the four-year-old by sawing through the chair.

"She was colouring in her book at the table when her sister Megan came in to tell me Amber had got her foot stuck," said mum Sam Tucker, 31, of Neath Drive.

To Mrs Tucker's horror, the little girl had managed to lodge her foot between the back supports of a dining room chair today at around 2.45pm yesterday.

"I tried to pull her free using Vaseline but I just couldn't get her foot from the back of the chair.

Her little ankle was becoming swollen and I panicked.

"Amber was beside herself, screaming and crying for about 10 minutes – but even with the help of a neighbour we couldn't get her out."

"My husband told me to call the fire brigade for advice but before I knew it they said they were sending a fire engine and it came screaming down here with lights flashing and sirens blazing."

Within ten minutes, the firefighters had cut Amber free – to her mum's great relief.

"It was so embarrassing but the firemen were good as gold," she said.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists