Search

Fire crews attend ‘microwave fire’ in Rushmere St Andrew

PUBLISHED: 17:13 11 February 2019 | UPDATED: 17:13 11 February 2019

One fire engine was called to the scene of the fire at Carpetright, Ipswich. Picture: PHIL MORLEY

One fire engine was called to the scene of the fire at Carpetright, Ipswich. Picture: PHIL MORLEY

Archant

Fire crews have attended the scene of a fire at a house in Rushmere St Andrew near Ipswich.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were alerted to the fire, in Blackdown Avenue, at around 4.22pm today, Monday, February 11.

According to a spokesman for the fire service, two engines, from Ipswich East and Ipswich Princes Street, attended the incident.

She said: “We had two engines on scene.

“This was a house fire but no action was taken as the fire was out on arrival.”

She added that the fire had involved a microwave oven.

Crews called a stop on the incident at around 4.45pm.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star