Nine fire crews called to gas leak at Felixstowe docks
- Credit: citizenside.com
Helium refrigerated gas was found to be leaking from a container vessel
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene at Felixstowe docks at 1.25pm.
Nine vehicles were called to the the scene with vehicles responding from Ipswich East, Woodbridge, Princes Street, Felixstowe and Felixstowe Dock.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: “This is a docked container vessel, which has had a small leak of helium refrigerated gas at Felixstowe Docks.
“Crews are in attendance to assist port management with removal of the container and securing the area.”
You may also want to watch:
Many of the crews were stepped down following an assessment of the leak.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast