Fire crews battle loft fire

FIRE crews in Essex were called after an electrical fault caused a fire in the loft of a bungalow.

FIRE crews in Essex were called after an electrical fault caused a fire in the loft of a bungalow.

Two crews from Saffron Walden and crews from Thaxted and Newport were called to the blaze at 2.29pm today, after reports of a fire in the loft of a property in Highfields, Debden.

The owner of the property contacted the fire service and it is thought that the fire was caused by an electrical fault in the property.

Crews extinguished the fire by 3.03pm using four sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter