Fire crews deal with spate of blazes
FIREFIGHTERS have had a busy 24 hours dealing with a spate of fires.At 12.10am today, a crew from the fire service's headquarters in Colchester Road tackled two haystacks on fire near Bucklesham primary school in Felixstowe Road.
FIREFIGHTERS have had a busy 24 hours dealing with a spate of fires.
At 12.10am today, a crew from the fire service's headquarters in Colchester Road tackled two haystacks on fire near Bucklesham primary school in Felixstowe Road.
The haystacks, each weighing about 48 tonnes, were well alight when the crew arrived. The blaze is not being treated as suspicious.
Elsewhere a commercial wheelie bin was set on fire in Fore Street, Ipswich. A Princes Street crew attended the scene at 5.20am.
Arsonists set a paper bank alight near the Belstead School, Sprites Lane, Ipswich, at around 11.05pm yesterday. The flames were put out by 11.15pm.
A crew from Princes Street station attended a car fire in Raeburn Road South, towards Gainsborough Lane, Ipswich, at 11.25pm. The fire, which is being treated as suspicious, spread to some surrounding woodland. It was out by 11.55pm.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 8 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
- 9 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 10 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
Firefighters also went to Oak Tree farm on the Debenham to Kenton Road at 1.10pm yesterday where six acres of stubble was ablaze.