Fire crews fight caravan blaze in Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a blaze at a caravan park in Felixstowe this morning.
Emergency services received reports of the fire, at a park in Manor Terrace, at around 10.55am today.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service two fire crews attended the blaze, arriving on scene at 11.05am and 11.09am.
“When crews arrived there was one caravan alight,” he said.
“It measured 5m by 3m.
“We had a hose reel and two sets of breathing apparatus which were used to put the fire out.
“It doesn’t look like anyone has been affected by the fire.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 4 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 5 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 6 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 7 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 8 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 9 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
“There was no call for police or ambulance.
“From having the call just before 11am it took around 35 minutes or so to call a stop.”
The fire was extinguished at 11.38am.
After the flames had been put out, firefighters used thermal imaging cameras to check for hot spots and to make sure the fire was fully extinguished.