Fire crews fight two blazes in 12 hours
FIREFIGHTERS in Ipswich have responded to blazes at a fish and chip shop and a separate fire in a ground floor flat in the space of 12 hours.Flames took hold at The Fish Net on Spring Road at around 5pm yesterday.
FIREFIGHTERS in Ipswich have responded to blazes at a fish and chip shop and a separate fire in a ground floor flat in the space of 12 hours.
Flames took hold at The Fish Net on Spring Road at around 5pm yesterday.
Three appliances attended the blaze which engulfed cooking equipment and the basement.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to control the flames by 6.01pm.
Crews were called into action again today following a blaze at a ground floor flat in Burrell Road at around 5am.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a single hose reel to control the fire by 5.22am.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products