Fire fear was a false alarm

SUFFOLK County Council staff were evacuated from the Endeavour House headquarters today over fears a fire had broken out in the building.Automatic fire alarms were set off when a component in an electrical system overheated.

SUFFOLK County Council staff were evacuated from the Endeavour House headquarters today over fears a fire had broken out in the building.

Automatic fire alarms were set off when a component in an electrical system overheated.

Ipswich fire crews were called to the five floor building in Russell Road at noon and all staff were evacuated.

Investigations revealed there had been no fire and staff were allowed to return to their desks by 12.35pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter