Fire in Cardinal Park restaurant
DINERS were forced out onto the street after a deep fat fryer caught fire at an Ipswich town centre restaurant. Fire crews were called to Old Orleans in Cardinal Park at around 7.
DINERS were forced out onto the street after a deep fat fryer caught fire at an Ipswich town centre restaurant.
Fire crews were called to Old Orleans in Cardinal Park at around 7.30pm yesterday.
The restaurant was evacuated after the alarm was raised and those at Gym and Trim next door also made their way out of the building as a precaution.
It is thought the deep fat fryer overheated and burst into flames. Staff at the restaurant covered the flames with a fire blanket before making their way out.
You may also want to watch:
It took fire crews just minutes to put the fire out, before using a turntable ladder to check the smoke vents on the roof.
See tomorrow's Star for full story.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast